10/4/07

Tues. Oct. 2, 2007

Hi everyone! Thought this might be a better way to keep you updated. We'll see if I keep up with this better than the emails.
Just wanted to let you know how everything is going. I started chemo with a good attitude, but am having a lot more down days this time than last. Tuesday was one of those days. The kids did not want to get up and therefore did not cooperate @ all. This made my mood even worse of course. Suzy went with me for treatment THANK GOD!!!!! I filled her in on everything on our way up to Georgetown. I felt much better after griping for about a half hour (not so sure about Suzy's ear though.) We arrived @ the hospital only to be told that I did not have an apt. with Dr. Malik. I was told that I could go straight upstairs to infusion. I was excited about that because I thought my wait time would be cut down this way. When we arrived upstairs we found out that the hospital transferred from paper charts to online charts THAT DAY!!!! I had my blood work done...waited about 2 hours for results which usually take 10 mins. Blood work was fine. In the next 2 hours Suzy and I waited, spoke the nurses about the delay, head nurse, head of nursing, Dr. Malik's nurse twice and finally a patient advocate. We found out that one of my delays was due to my file not being scanned into the system. Because it was not in the system my chemo could not be mixed. We finally had me in a good state of mind to get chemo and after waiting for about 3 hours I started to lose it. I almost walked out. Suzy and I went for a walk outside and I felt much better again. I don't know what I would have done without her there. I love my nurse too! Violet has gotten me through so much! She is my true advocate up there. Another nurse told me that she was in the pharmacy "spitting fire" for my pre-meds. My 2 hour apt. was scheduled @ 10:30, they finally started me @ 4. I should not gripe so much, but the whole thing just really stinks. I know that it could have been worse...wrong chemo, no chemo, or no nausea meds. (Dr. Malik's nurse forgot to pre-authorize last weeks.) When I got home @ 8 I was able to kiss the girls before they went to bed. That was my 1 year diagnosis anniversary! What a day! Next week will be better. We can only pray.

2 comments:

nana said...

Hi my girl,
I hope you know you can talk to me about anything, and I will always be here for you.
I don't want you ever to feel you are alone, we are a team and we are going to get through this.
I know this is harder on you because you are the one who has to go through this, I wish I could be the one instead of you, but you have more strenth than you think you do, and you will make it. You have a lot of people out there that are pulling for you and love you very much.
So when things are looking glum and not the way they should be
remember I am right here and I will be there whenever you need me.
I hope these words help you to know how I feel.
I love you
Mom

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.