10/22/07

No Chemo This Week :)

I saw Dr. Malik today as planned. We did not plan for her to tell me that I could not go for chemo tomorrow however. As you can tell I am completely broken up about it. She did not have the results of my CBC, but had the results of my chemistry. Apparently when this happens, it means the lab is re-running the CBC because of low blood counts. I was very grateful and surprised that I did not come down with strep throat, however the virus manifested in another way. One of the side effects of this chemo is mouth ulcers. Dr. Malik said that because the ulcers did not start until after the girls were diagnosed it was prob. from the strep. If I were to go for chemo tomorrow my mouth would not be able to heal. So she prescribed 2 mouth rinses, one is called "Magic Mouth"..we'll see about that. Pray that it works, my mouth is very sore. I will have another CT after this round of chemo and we will see how well the chemos are working. Please remember to keep that in your prayers also, I will get the results on Nov. 19.
That's all for today. WOW what a boring day for us!
I love you all!! Love, Tracy

No comments: