11/6/07

October 29, 2007

Thank you Dawn! I love you guys too!!
We have switched my chemo days to Monday so that David can take care of the girls at least most of the day. David had the girls. They all had a GREAT time! Mom drove me to Georgetown. Thank you Mom!! Bonnie brought us dinner. Thank you Bonnie, the girls inhaled it I understand!!
Back to chemo...We rode up in the HOV lanes hoping that if we were spotted the booster seats in the back would throw anyone off. As everyone knows if you don't arrive before 6am you will be stuck for an extra hour, and if you don't head south before 2:30 you will be stuck for a couple of extra hours. My apt. was scheduled when they open @ 7:30, we arrived @ 6:45 :) We were fine with that. We chatted with another wonderful patient that was also early, and Mom was so generous to give Cora one of her beautiful scarves.
We checked in and got the blood work started. It came back border line, but they went ahead with the chemo. YEA! Mom brought a laptop for us to play on, however there are still "glitches" in the wireless system the hospital has. Currently only the hospital computers can link to the system. Violet grabbed a laptop for us to use and it said that it had no wireless access. When Mom returned it @ the end of the day she let Lisa know what it said and she found the access card in the laptop carrier(that we did not have). No big deal we brought lots of other things to do. Mom knitted an entire scarf! Unfortunately she lost one of her favorite knitting needles somewhere. I did not do much after they started the chemo. I had spoken to Violet and Dr. Malik about how my steroids were making me very sick, I felt better when I did not take them. So they have been trying to adjust the levels. Unfortunately this week it did not work. Our chemo day went pretty smooth, we left after 6 so we were able to ride home HOV legally.
I was very sick this week because of the chemo and medications. David's schedule worked out great though, he was able to drive the kids to school everyday. Thank you God! The girls were pretty good for most of the week, but Laila is such an urchin!
I was too sick to go to their halloween party at Miss Kathy's house, so Amanda picked them up for me. They had such a great time! Thank you Amanda and Kathy!!! By Sat the girls were sick of being inside with me. David thought that he would be home around 1. I got really sick and layed down around 1 thinking David would be home soon and not realizing that I would fall asleep. The girls had free roam of the house. They know that they are not allowed out front without permission. Apparently, Laila kept trying to get out front to play with some friends. Savannah knew better and would not let her, she had the idea to go out back to see them. That was great until Laila came inside first and locked Savannah out so that she could go out front. David came home before I woke up and saw just what his angels are capable of. I felt so bad that he came home from work to that, but he understood. What a great guy! I usually don't just fall asleep! That night they spent the night at Nana and Papa's house. David and I slept very well! Thank you Mom and Dad!!
I love you all!! Love, Tracy

1 comment:

nana said...

I had that feeling I should have got the girls at 12 Thank God nothing happened to them.
I am so glad you are feeling so much better this week, I know how sick you were last week so thank you GOD for taking care of my girl.
Love You Mom