11/11/07

November 5, 2007

Hi everyone!
Thank you Mom for your encouraging words. They always make me feel better. Thank you also for our anniversary presents. We love and appreciate them! Thank you Suzy for driving me to Georgetown! We had a good time didn't we. Thank you Violet for making sure that my pre-meds were adjusted, this week was much better! Thank you Betty & Chuck for the delicious dinner on Monday. And Sonya the girls loved dinner this week also! Thank you guys so much!!!

This week I had a different nurse because Violet finally decided to treat herself to a vacation. Andrea was my nurse and she was great! Thank you Suzy and Andrea for staying on top of everything for me. My levels were up from last week which baffled me because I had 2 weeks off and had low levels. Last week I had 2 chemos and my levels improved. I don't ask, I just do what I am told. I Love You God! We were seated near a couple that lives in Four Seasons (in Dumfries). I actually met them in the spring and saw them in CT once. It is nice to keep up with everyone here and there. (Can't remember names for anything.) He was inpatient this spring for 6 weeks for pneumonia, and other illnesses. Wow have I been lucky!! He still has a pretty good attitude. We talked about their grandkids, they are girls 3 & 4 yrs. 1 boy on the way, and Sas and Laila. Sounds like they would get along very well. Suzy and I were out of there around 2:30. Great timing to beat most of the traffic. When we got home the street was filled with about 20 kids. (School was out for parent/teacher conferences.) I loved it! Hearing them all playing and laughing~the best sound in the world! Savannah has almost perfected riding her "2 wheeler".
Today she learned how to turn and ride off of the curb. She is so excited. After watching for a few mins. I needed to go lay down of course, so I took myself inside and let David continue with what they were doing.
I really did feel much better this week, but kept reminding myself to take it easy. I rested last week and my levels improved, maybe that's what I am supposed to do. You know how easy that is with active kids needing supervision every minute or they will cut hair, use nail polish as eye shadow, or lock the other outside for fun. They were very good this week. David was able to take them to dance on Tues. and to school most of the week. Our lives were pretty boring until Fri., then it felt like we were still living our regular lives. Laila woke up @ 4:30 and could not go back to sleep (she only does this when she has a nightmare). I slept on and off until 7. got the kids ready for school, took them there, picked Laila up @ 11:25, left with Dawn N. to take Jasmyn to school and shop, we stopped by K-Mart to ck out stuff for the kids for Christmas, picked up Jasmyn after being stuck behind buses and redirected around the parking lot away from her school which freaked poor Dawn out about being late (me too), then to Toys R Us for the same thing, we did very well! As soon as we got home it was off to pick up the school age kids. David arrived just as I was leaving to p/u Savannah and meet her teacher for a conference. I was able to leave Laila with him. After the conference I picked up Laila for a make-up dance class. Traffic was so BAD it took 25 mins to get there (usually a 10-15 min trip)! I was able to relax with Dawn O. during class and catch up. We got home around 6:30 and I was asleep by 7:30. It felt good to be normal again, just wish I had the energy for it.
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers, I know there were alot of extras this week.
I love you all!! Love, Tracy

No comments: